Who is the course for?
The Prince's Trust Team Programme is for people aged 16 – 25 who are unemployed. It is free and will not affect your Jobseeker's Allowance.
Our 12 week Prince's Trust personal development team re-engages young people, helping them think about their futures. In many cases it changes their lives. The Prince's Trust Programme is a full-time 12 week course in which up to 15 young people form a team and work together to carry out a range of tasks to benefit their local community. It offers the opportunity for young people to recognise their own learning and gain a nationally recognised qualification of their personal progress.
What does the course involve?
Study for a City & Guilds Certificate in Personal, Teamwork and Community Skills at Level 1 or Entry Level 3. This is broken down into 5 units as follows:
- Planning for progression
- Community project
- Work-based experience
- Career planning and making applications
- Supporting others
You will also have the opportunity to work towards adult literacy and numeracy at a level that suits you.
What makes this course special?
- Be part of a team of 15 people for 12 weeks
- Take on community projects of your choosing
- Have an action-packed residential week
- Get one weeks work experience in an area of your choice
- Get career advice and help with job hunting and your CV
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- 70% of unemployed team members go on to a job, education or training within three months of completing their team
There are no entry requirements for this course, applicants must be unemployed.
What are the assessment methods?
Through your course work which is carried out during the 12 week programme.
How long is the course?
The course is 12 weeks long, Monday to Friday 9.30am – 3.30pm.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Free as students must be unemployed to qualify for a place on this programme.
What are the progression options?
If you successfully complete this course, it opens up a wide range of opportunities such as employment, training or further college courses.