Who is the course for?
Maths is a core subject in education and employment. This course is for anyone striving for a Grade C and is ready to achieve this within a year.
What does the course involve?
You will increase your skills in thinking logically and independently, handling and presenting statistical information and making everyday calculations. The course is divided into four units:
What makes this course special?
- You will receive excellent teaching and support from outstanding staff
- A variety of exciting resources for you to use
- Classes are available during the evening to reach as many people as possible
- The pass rates are extremely good
- Achievement can improve your life in so many ways
- The course is offered at two different levels – higher and foundation
- You will be supported to achieve more than you thought you could
- Feedback from current students tell us the atmosphere in the classrooms friendly and helpful and a completely different experience from any previous learning at school
There are no formal qualifications required for entry; you will undergo an informal interview, and an initial assessment, to determine which level of maths is the right level for you.
What are the assessment methods?
There are two paper-based exams at the end of the year.
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
- The lessons are for 2 hours a week (one evening for 30 teaching weeks)
- In addition, self-study hours are highly recommended to reinforce learning
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The tutor may recommend you purchase a workbook to further your studies at home.
What are the progression options?
On successful completion of the course, you can progress to either:
- Access to Higher Education
- A selection of vocational courses
Successful completion of this course will improve your life in so many ways, for example:
- Increased confidence in everyday situations
- The reward of being able to help your children or grandchildren with maths homework
- Improved job prospects
- Further education