Who is the course for?
This is a free course for adults, which encompasses different levels, who need to brush up on their maths skills for work, further study, helping children with homework or simply to increase confidence.
What does the course involve?
Lots of different skills including:
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- How to use a calculator
- Fractions and percentages
- How to check you work for errors
- Taking measurements
- Managing money
What makes this course special?
- You will receive excellent teaching and support from outstanding staff
- A variety of exciting resources for you to use
- Classes are available during the day and in the evening, at two different locations to reach as many people as possible
- Enrolment can be at various times throughout the year
- The pass rates are excellent, above national average
- Achievement can open new opportunities
- The course is offered at three different levels, so there is something for everybody
- You will be supported to achieve more than you thought you could
- Feedback from current students tell us the atmosphere in the classroom is friendly and helpful and a completely different experience from any previous learning at school
There are no formal qualifications required for entry; you will undergo an initial assessment, to determine which level of the course is the right level for you.
What are the assessment methods?
When you are ready you will sit an exam at the appropriate level.
How long is the course?
The course runs for a year, but you can sit the exam as soon as you feel ready.
What are the College attendance requirements?
- The lessons are for 2 hours a week, either during the day or early evening
- The lessons are at Bath Road
- In addition, self-study hours are highly recommended to reinforce learning
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The course is FREE for all adults.
What are the progression options?
On completion of the course at level 2, you can progress to either:
- GCSE Maths
- Access to Higher Education
- A selection of vocational courses
- Level 2 is worth 10 UCAS points
Successful completion of this course will open new opportunities, for example:
- Increased confidence in everyday situations
- Job prospects
- Further education