Who is the course for?
Please note this course is for those over the age of 19 only.
For people interested in working in post 16 education and training such as colleges, private training providers or training within their own workplace. This course is for learners who:
- work with students in a classroom or workshop but do not have a teaching qualification
- are involved in any activity with learners where you are teaching them or helping them acquire skills or knowledge
- wish to deliver and/or assess on a course where a Level 3 teaching qualification is required
- are not involved in any of these activities but are considering them for the future
- are not doing any teaching at present but intend to do so
The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Award in Education and Training is the equivalent replacement for the Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
What does the course involve?
Students will learn the fundamentals of effective teaching, learning and assessment. This includes:
- Roles and responsibilities of a teacher
- Setting ground rules
- Schemes of work and lesson plans
- Aims and objectives
- Initial assessment
- Teaching methods and resources
- Inclusivity and differentiation
- Equality and diversity
What makes this course special?
- The type of course delivery to suit the learners needs
- A teaching role is not required to join and complete the course
- Taking the Award does not commit the learner into gaining a full teaching qualification
- Being taught by experienced teacher-trainers
- Our teacher training courses consistently receive extremely positive feedback from students and External Verifiers
- Teaching at Bridgwater and Taunton College has consistently been rated as outstanding; where better to learn the basics of the teaching process?
As there are no pre-requisites or formal entry requirements for this course, learners can enrol now. Please note, some courses have a limited number of spaces, so please enrol at the earliest opportunity.
What are the assessment methods?
- A series of written tasks throughout the course
- A practical assessment (micro-teach) at the end of the course
How long is the course?
The course runs over 10 weeks. Full course dates/times will be sent to you upon receipt of enrolment.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The learner's place on the course will be reserved upon receipt of payment. If the employer is sponsoring the learner to do this course please contact us to complete a manual enrolment, otherwise click on the ‘Enrol Online’ button to confirm a place.
What are the progression options?
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training qualification is a useful qualification in its own right but it learners may decide to go on to the Certificate or Diploma course. We can advise students on the best route.
We use Pearson Edexcel as the Awarding Organisation for our course. For more information on Pearson Edexcel, please refer to their website at www.edexcel.com.
Please email Teacher Training Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries or alternatively telephone 01278 441358.