Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Campus
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for adult learners wishing to gain a Plumbing Diploma and who currently do not have a work placement within the plumbing industry.
What does the course involve?
The course will focus on a range of basic plumbing theory and practices including:
- Pipe bending and types of jointing
- Basic maintenance on taps and valves
- Rainwater systems and maintenance
- Basin and Wc installation and maintenance.
- Health and safety
- Environmental awareness
- Plumbing principles and practical applications
- Basic electrical operations
- Hot and Cold water systems
- Central Heating systems
- Drainage systems
What makes this course special?
- Realistic working environment with excellent up to date facilities
- Course flexible and content adapted to the learners needs
- Possible opportunities to progress on to Level 2 NVQ or Level 3 6035 Diploma
Four GCSEs D–E grade and an interest within the plumbing industry.
What are the assessment methods?
- You will complete a range of basic practical tasks and portfolio
- Completion of 9 multiple choice exams
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
2 evenings per week 17.30-20.30pm
Flexible to meet the needs of individual learners, can include remote self-directed study.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Purchase of a course text book required
What are the progression options?
- Completion of the onsite NVQ units 019 and 020 in addition to one further Environmental exam to fulfil the complete Plumbing Diploma.
- Possible progression on to the Level 3 Plumbing Diploma fulltime or Level 2 Apprenticeship programme.
City and Guilds.