Who is the course for?
Equally applicable to manufacturing and service sector staff. No prior knowledge required as the course starts with basics and builds into an advanced lean training course.
This intensive four day course will provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding to implement and lead sustainable small to medium scale lean projects.
Course delivery will take place at Bridgwater College and will be simulation-based giving delegates the opportunity to learn by doing.
What does the course involve?
- Lean core principles, tools and techniques
- Structuring and planning a lean project
Simulation one: 5S and visual management, waste reduction, problem solving and root cause analysis, process mapping, standardisation
Simulation two: Kanban, pull vs push, creating flow, line balancing, TAKT, poka yoke, SMED, TPM
- Measuring improvements - DTI 7 measures
- Building in sustainability
- Create lean deployment plan applicable to own work environment
- Gain a full appreciation of the basic principles and benefits of continuous improvement
- Understand how to get to the root cause of problems to eliminate/reduce waste
- Comprehend deployment of the basic lean tools and techniques
- Know-how to structure a CI activity utilising the PDCA cycle
- Measure the effectiveness of their CI activity utilising the DTI 7 measures
- Identify how to build in sustainability to their CI activities
- Create their own lean deployment plan applicable to their own work environment
At this level some experience of working on lean programmes or a good appreciation and awareness of lean management.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessment be class room delivered and will be simulation-based giving delegates the opportunity to learn by doing.
How long is the course?
What are the progression options?
- Five day Lean Deployment Programme
- One day Senior Management Lean Overview
On successful completion learners will gain a Bridgwater College Certificate in Lean Management.