Where is the course delivered?
- Cannington Campus
- Yeovil Campus
Who is the course for?
- If you are looking for a career in floristry the Level 2 Diploma is a foundation course supplying the basic principles that will result in you being a fully qualified Florist by the end of the course. All aspects of the floristry industry are covered
- No previous experience in Floristry is required.
What does the course involve?
- 10 comprehensive units will be covered consisting of both practical and written assignment work.
- Modules are taught via; demonstrations, lectures, tutorials, & practical workshop’s.
What makes this course special?
- Highly Experienced Tutors producing consistent High Grades, student support & guidance.
- Bespoke facilities offering a relaxed learning environment.
- Superb on site student accommodation available.
- Landscaped rural campus with excellent student facilities.
- Walled Garden and tropical greenhouses to explore and utilise.
- 3 Day study tour to Holland.
- Industry related field trips.
- Progression routes available within the College following successful completion of this course.
- Practical employability & personal confidence skill building opportunities.
- 40 hours work experience required during the duration of the course
- Students are required to find their own placement (however guidance is available due to strong local/ national industry links within the College).
- At least 4 GCSEs in the C-E range including English & Maths or an appropriate Level 1 qualification
- Industry experience desirable but not essential
- Mature students wishing to change career welcome to apply.
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment
- Written coursework
- Multiple Choice Gola Exam
- Portfolio submission.
How long is the course?
2 days per week over 1 year for the Full Time option. (Wednesday & Thursday, however this may be subject to change).
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials costs estimated up to £500 depending on your chosen supplier (NB: these may be available to purchase from the College for your convenience).
- Apron and full cover shoes.
- Residential trips from £350 (optional not compulsory)
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory).
What are the progression options?
- Further study opportunities; Level 3 Diploma followed by the Level 4 Higher Diploma and L5 Master Diploma in Floristry.
- Opportunities to upgrade your Literacy & Numeracy skills
- A Diverse range of Short courses in Floristry available at all times.
- Opportunities to study additional A levels & Vocational courses.
- Self -employed running your own business.
- International Demonstrator/Judge
- Function Decorating for large corporate companies.
- Teaching privately or within an educational organisation.
City & Guilds.