Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in an introduction to floristry either as a hobby or discovering a future career option, no previous experience is required. It is designed to provide opportunities for candidates to develop their creative skills, design techniques and theoretical understanding.
What does the course involve?
- Learners will cover a diverse range of designs and study the general principles of floral design
- Learners should have an interest in traditional and modern floral design
What makes this course special?
- Excellent classroom/site facilities and highly experienced teaching staff
- Opportunities of study tours to Holland and Spain if enrolled with the College during those dates
- Convenient evening study timetable 6pm – 8.30pm each week
No previous experience in floristry is required.
What are the assessment methods?
There will be constant guidance from tutors and verbal feedback on the learners progression.
How long is the course?
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Candidates will be required to supply their own floral materials and a suitable range of tools and equipment
- Apron and full cover shoes
- Opportunities to join in with optional field trips and study tours
What are the progression options?
Following successful completion of this course, learners may wish to enhance their knowledge by progressing to the Intermediate Floristry course.
Alternatively, the Level 2 Diploma in Floristry qualification is available on a full- or part-time basis.
Full progression routes for accredited qualifications in floristry are available at the College. These can lead to work within the floristry industry or from home.
Learners will receive a College Certificate on completion of the course.