Who is the course for?
This course is designed for delegates working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is a pre-requisite for their role. It is underpinned by the safe principles of moving and handling and recognises the special skills required when assisting and moving people.
What does the course involve?
Delegates will cover a range of subjects including:
- Safe manual handling
- Manual handling risk assessment principles
- Types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
What makes this course special?
- This course is delivered by a wide variety of interactive activities, interesting Powerpoints and practical activities
- For a minimum of six delegates this course can be delivered within the delegates’ workplace
There are no formal entry requirements required for this course.
Please note: Sessions can only run with a minimum of four delegates
What are the assessment methods?
- A short multiple choice assessment paper (15 questions)
- A short competency based assessment, delegates must demonstrate the application of correct techniques
How long is the course?
What are the progression options?
- Highfield ABC Level 2 Health and Safety Award in the Workplace (QCF)
- Highfield ABC Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
- NEBOSH General/NEBOSH Construction Certificate (Level 3)
For further course information and to book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01278 655065