Who is the course for?
This qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work, within industry who wish to become a first aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
What does the course involve?
- Relevant legislation
- Work place policies
- Emergency procedures for shock children
- Unconscious casualty
- Choking, conscious casualty
- Recovery position
- Illness and injury assessment
- The roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
What makes this course special?
- This qualification is approved for delivery to the age ranges 16 – 18 and 19+
- HABC have measures in place for delegates with special needs. Please see the Reasonable Adjustments Policy, Annex 17 of the HABC Core Manual
- This qualification lasts for a period of three years, after which point learners will need to resit the course
There are no prerequisites for this qualification. It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
Please note: Sessions can only run with a minimum of four delegates
What are the assessment methods?
The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration. This qualification consists of two mandatory units, which learners must complete successfully in order to achieve the qualification:
- Written/oral questioning
- Accident report form to be completed as part of assessment
How long is the course?
Three days (24 hours).
For employers looking to train a number of employees, we can tailor courses to suit their requirements. For further course information and to book a place, please email email@example.com or call 01278 655065
What are the progression options?
- HABC Level 2 Award in First Aid Response
- HABC Level 2 Award in Paediatric Emergency First Aid (QCF)
- HABC Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
- HABC Level 2 Award in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)