Who is the course for?
This course is for those who have prior knowledge of French and wish to refresh the language in order to be able to communicate on holiday or in a working environment.
What does the course involve?
The lessons include plenty of opportunities for conversation practice, grammar, use of the internet and video. Topics include:
- Up-to-date information on regions in France and French-speaking countries
- Culture, food and drink in France and French-speaking countries
- Refreshing grammar through interactive language exercises and games
- How to use the internet for language learning
What makes this course special?
- Classes are taught in the specialist languages centre, with access to French materials and the internet
- Tutors have experience of teaching adults in a business and college environment and have previously worked in France
- A trip to France takes place every year
The course is for students with prior knowledge of the language.
What are the assessment methods?
There are informal assessments by topic and regular revision sessions of topics covered in the course.
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
- Two hours a week spent in College
- Some self-study hours