Who is the course for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals who use forestry clearing saws as part of their work within companies such as local authorities, ground care, arboriculture, forestry and contractors.
What does the course involve?
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment
- Know the health and safety legislation that underpins forestry clearing saw operations
- Know the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for trimmer and brush-cutter operations
- Know the health and safety features of the equipment being used
- Know how to maintain the forestry clearing saw
- Know how to operate a forestry clearing saw
- Know how to clean, store and transport equipment safely and appropriately
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
What are the assessment methods?
Integrated assessment by City & Guilds
- Observation of practical performance
- Assessment of underpinning knowledge
How long is the course?
This is generally a two day course, plus assessment, dependant on experience.
What are the progression options?
City & Guilds assessments in Trimmer and Brush Cutter Operations.
For further course information and to book a place, please email email@example.com or call 01278 655065.