Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
Who is the course for?
This practical course will be of interest to students with a keen interest and some experience in the performing arts.
What does the course involve?
This course gives a fuller introduction to subjects related to performing arts. It is made up of units that develop practical performance skills in acting, dance and singing. In addition, you will also learn about the Performing Arts industry.
The Level 2 Diploma is made up of different units which can include:
- The Performing Arts Industry
- Performance Project
- Developing Acting Skills and Techniques
Specialist Units can include:
- Jazz Dance
- Contemporary Dance
- Devising Drama
- Performing Scripted Plays
- Solo Musical Performance
- Working as a Musical Ensemble
What makes this course special?
- Lecturers who work/have worked in the industry
- Purpose built performance suite
- Two sprung dance studios
- Lots of performance opportunities
- Opportunities to take part in additional enrichment activities (Performing Arts Academies, Sports Academies etc)
- Opportunity to take part in workshops, trips and residentials (previous residentials have been to New York, Disneyland and London)
- At least five GCSEs in the A* - E or 9 - 3 range, or a relevant level 1 qualification at Merit grade or above
- Dance, Drama, Music or Expressive Arts and Performing Arts experience out of school would be an advantage
- Successful interview and audition
What are the assessment methods?
- Assessment takes place in a variety of methods and is continuous throughout the course
- Written and practical assignments which will involve performance projects, group and individual project work, written work and research
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Four/Five days a week.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- You will need to provide your own practical dance kit
- Workshops, trips and residentials and optional and not always included in course fees
What are the progression options?
- Progression to a choice of Extended Diploma Courses (subject to merit/distinction profile and interview)
- Employment at junior level in the entertainment and leisure industries