Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
This course is for learners who have completed a Level 2 Diploma programme or equivalent, or have vast experience of the motor trade.
What does the course involve?
Topics covered will include:
- Diagnostics and rectification of automotive auxiliary
- Electrical Faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle Chassis
- Diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
- Knowledge of inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
What makes this course special?
- The opportunity to gain a recognised trade qualification without the need for full employment
- Excellent, modern, fully equipped workshops and classroom facilities including manufacture designated facility for Modern Apprenticeship training – Ford
- Opportunities to go to various trips throughout the year (Autosports show, Haynes Motor Museum)
- Successful completion of the IMI or equivalent Level Two Programme in Light Vehicle, with merits in all exams
- Vast experience of the motor trade
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical tasks
- Written assignments
- Online assessment tests
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Three days a week.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Materials and clothing-please contact for more information.
What are the progression options?
Students may like to progress onto an apprenticeship programme (subject to initial assessment and suitable employment in a garage), complete the Vehicle Operations Management HNC or continue onto the IMI Level 4 Master Technician course.
IMI Institute of the Motor Industry.