Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
If you are looking for a career in health, social care or childcare this is the course for you. It is suitable for students who have a positive attitude but lack formal qualifications. This course will provide a foundation entry onto level two courses throughout the college.
What does the course involve?
This course enables you to develop skills in caring for others within Health and Social Care and Early Years. Units of study include:
- Communicating with others
- Practical health and safety
- Craft activities for young children or older adults
- Growth and development
- Healthy Eating
- Service Provision
- Person Centred Care
Modules are taught through a mixture of class based activities, practical sessions and during work experience.
What makes this course special?
- Students have the opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to their work placement
- The opportunity to participate in day trips
- Visiting speakers for industry
Students will undertake work experience in a health, social care or early years setting. This will take place throughout the year and is planned on an individual basis with each student.
- Four GCSEs in the D-G or (3 - 1) range including English and Maths or an appropriate Entry level course
- Successful interview
- A commitment to studying with a positive attitude
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?Three days a week in college, one day a week at work placement.
What are the progression options?
Students’ progress onto level two courses across College or enter employment. Some students are successful in securing apprenticeships from their work placements.