Where is the course delivered?
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
The Level 3 Diploma further develops your painting and decorating skills to an advanced level. The course covers a wide range of skills that are required for industry. With a large focus on practical skills, you will be taught and set practical tasks that require the production of advanced painting and decorating skills
What does the course involve?
The Level 3 units are:
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist decorative finishes for decorative work
- Producing specialist architectural finishes
- Applying water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
- Applying water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- Health, safety and welfare
Entrants will normally have undertaken the Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating. Acceptance is via interview and prior experience will be taken into consideration.
What are the assessment methods?
Your painting and decorating skills will be assessed in a range of ways, including:
- Observation of your practical work
- End of unit practical tests (marked against industry standards)
- Production of a portfolio of your knowledge and practical work
- Online multiple-choice end of unit knowledge tests
- Practical and knowledge workbooks
What are the progression options?
You can gain employment and work towards an NVQ qualification in the workplace with an employer, or progress on to a higher level construction course. The College has a range of design, supervisory and management construction courses up to Level 7. These include National Diplomas, HNCs and civil engineering qualifications.
Upon completion of the course, you could seek employment with a construction company or enter the industry as a self-employed tradesperson.