Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for learners who wish to train or get an introduction into the electrical installation industry but who are not qualified enough or lack confidence to start at Level 2.
What does the course involve?
This course is made up of a number of units which look into areas such as domestic and commercial installations. All units have a practical and theory element. The programme may also sample a number of other trades including Carpentry and Plumbing, giving a rounded understanding of the Construction Industry in general. Students get an introduction into:
- Electrical Engineering Techniques
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Testing
- Electrical Systems & Devices
- Electrical Installation Methods
- Wiring and Circuit Protection
What makes this course special?
- State of the art workshops
- Fun and interactive theory sessions
Work experience in the electrical trade will be beneficial to help the learner get an insight into an apprenticeship.
- 5 GCSEs A* - D or 9 - 3 including Maths, English and Science
- Successful interview
What are the assessment methods?
- Completion of a practical portfolio
- Written assessment
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
15 delivery hours including self-study.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Course materials, safety foot wear and other P.P.E (approx £120)
What are the progression options?
- Level 2 Electrical Installation
- Day release apprenticeship programme (an employer in the electrical trade with appropriate work is required)