Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who have a genuine interest in working in the Hair & Make-up Industry. This exciting course is for those who would like to progress onto a Level 3 course to become a make-up artist or study further onto our Foundation Degree in Media Make-up at our Taunton Campus.
What does the course involve?
This course gives students the basic insight of hair and make-up so that you can progress onto a Level 3 course.
- Working in the Beauty Industry
- Follow Health & Safety Practices in the Salon
- Client Care and Communication in Beauty Related Industries
- Apply Make–Up
- Provide Eyelash and Brow Treatments
- Create an Image Based on a Theme within the Hair and Beauty Sector
- The Art of Photographic Make-Up
- Body Art Design
- Apply Skin Tanning Techniques
- The Art of Colouring Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Make and Style a Hair Addition
Students will have an opportunity to...
- Work with the Drama Academy
- Students will find a one week work experience placement with their local amateur dramatics society
- Work with The McMillian Theatre
- Prepare make-up for forensic science students
For this Level 2 course learners will need to have 5 GCSEs A – D or 9 - 3 grades including Maths, English and Art or must have successfully achieved a Level 1 qualification. All applicants require a successful interview.
What are the assessment methods?
- Written course work
- Online examinations
- Practical assessment
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
The course is full time programme and a minimum of 90% attendance is required.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
In addition to the course fees, learners will need to pay approximately £250 for media make-up kit and uniform. There will be additional costs for a compulsory trip, £75 and visits along with extra-curricular training – this will be discussed at interview.
What are the progression options?
Upon successful completion of the course learners can progress onto a Level 3 Media Make-up qualification, trainee make-up artist, work as a colour technician and stylist.
City and Guilds.