Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Campus
Who is the course for?
- This course is suitable for candidates who have a keen interest in the nail industry
- This is suitable for students who are enthusiastic and committed to joining a full time course
- Students who wish to progress onto a beauty therapy course or work in the nail industry
What does the course involve?
Six units including theoretical knowledge and practical understanding. These include:
- Anatomy and physiology for hands and feet
- Introduction to working in the nail industry
- Nail enhancements (clear)
- Manicure services
- Pedicure services
- Light cured gel polish
Units are taught in class contact sessions including lectures, tutorials and workshops.
What makes this course special?
- The opportunity to work within the Hair and Beauty Zone, our state-of-the-art training facility.
- We offer special activities including day trips, and exhibitions as well as a range of guest speakers from highly acclaimed national and international product companies.
- We also offer additional training from industry to enhance skills and to add to records of achievement/CV such as ear piercing, nail art courses, Dermalogica training and Airbase make-up.
- All staff are experts in their own fields, a variety of teaching staff are used to ensure outstanding teaching and learning is delivered on every unit.
- A wide range of experience and skills within the industry.
- We have links with Dermalogia, Orly, Caflon to assist in our training.
Work placements are a fantastic opportunity to gain external experience of industry. A weeks work experience is an expectation of the programme requirements. You will also benefit from our salon environment, providing a realistic working environment for our learners to work in and to progress ready for industry.
- You need 5 GCSEs A* – D or 9 - 3 grades including maths and English (with a minimum of C or 4 in English)
- A successful interview
What are the assessment methods?
- Theory examination
- Practical synoptic assessment
- Written coursework/assignments
These assessments take place throughout the year, assessment calendars are given to students to enable planning for these assessments.
How long is the course?
One year full time
What are the College attendance requirements?
15 hours per week with an expectation of up to six hours per week of self-study.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials, tunic and textbook (prices TBC)
- Trips £30 (compulsory)
- Additional visits/training £75 (optional)
- Residential (optional)
What are the progression options?
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Media Make-up or Level Diploma in Woman's Hairdressing
- You may wish to work in the industry such as nail bars or salons, self-employed or mobile work
City and Guilds