Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Campus
- Taunton Campus
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those wishing to advance their beauty skills to enable them to work within this diverse industry, carrying out a full range of treatments.
This is a suitable course for students who are enthusiastic and committed to joining full-time. Learners will be required to show a mature and professional attitude and passion for working with clients.
What does the course involve?
Learners will be studying a combination of units, including theoretical knowledge and practical understanding. These include;
- Working with colleagues
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote and sell products and services
- Provide body massage
- Provide body electrotherapy
- Provide facial electrotherapy
- Provide self tanning
- Indian head massage
- Camouflage make-up
- Pre-blended aromatherapy oil massage
- Apply stone therapy
Units are taught in class contact sessions including lectures, tutorials and workshops.
What makes this course special?
- Learners will have the opportunity to work within realistic client salons in our training facility
- We offer special activities including day trips, exhibitions and a residential as well as a range of guest speakers from highly acclaimed national and international product companies
- We also offer additional training from industry to enhance skills and to add to records of achievement/CV such as ear piercing, Hopi ear candling, intimate waxing, nail courses and Dermalogica training
- All staff are experts in their own fields, a variety of teaching staff are used to ensure outstanding teaching and learning is delivered on every unit
- Learners will also develop skills which will help them prepare for life in employment. It will give them confidence to apply themselves in all situations within the industry and other service industries
- We have links with Dermalogia, Orly, Caflon to assist in our training
Work placements are a fantastic opportunity to gain external experience of industry. A weeks work experience is an expectation of the programme requirements. You will also benefit from our salon environment, providing a realistic working environment for our learners to work in and to progress ready for industry.
- Successful completion of a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification with positive references
- A successful interview is also required
What are the assessment methods?
- Unitised online examinations
- Practical assessments
- Written coursework
These assessments take place throughout the year, assessment calendars are given to students to enable planning for theses assessments.
How long is the course?
One year, full time.
What are the College attendance requirements?
- Learners will be expected to attend one evening a week along with two full days in College
- An expectation of up to six hours per week of self-study
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials, tunic and textbook of approximatelty £130.00
- Trips £75 (compulsory)
- Additional training (various/optional)
- Residential trip £500 (optional)
What are the progression options?
- Learners could progress to a Level 3 Complementary therapies course, business course or short courses
- Learners may wish to work in the industry such as beauty salons or spas, cruise liners, self-employed, mobile work, sales and marketing, working with products companies, specialise in make-up, training or travel abroad to work
Past students have worked in Cedar falls, Rookery Manor spa, Bridgwater & Taunton College, Cadbury spa and many have set up their own mobile business.
City and Guilds.