Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater campus
Who is the course for?
This exciting and popular course would be of interest to anyone who enjoys reating, watching and discussing films and film theory - come and debate with us!
Films are a popular art form and a multi-million pound international industry. A Level Film Studies uses a combination of analysis, research, theory and creative work to study examples from British, American and World Cinema. Students will explore their production, form and audience, relating these to cultural, social and political contexts.
What does the course involve?
Throughout this innovative course you will study film in the following areas:
- Exploring film form
- Producers and audiences
- British and American films
- Film movements
- Scriptwriting and film-making
- Film experience, issues and debates
What makes this course special?
- Excellent facilities at professional standard
- Extensive progression routes
- Full Creative Suite on Apple Mac Computers
- Residential trips
- Opportunities to work on live briefs within the Media Academy
- Bookable professional equipment and open access edit suites
- Supportive staff with industry experience
- Diverse and exciting curriculum
- Live projects and screenings of work
You have access to Media Academy where you can work on live briefs and with real clients. Many students have taken on additional work experience with the likes of Sky, ITV and the BBC.
Minimum of five GCSEs A* to C or 9 to 5 is recommended for A Level study, including Maths and English.
There are no entry requirements for adult students.
How long is the course?
Are there any additional costs for the course?
There may be trips that incure additional costs. Previous students have visited New York on a residential.
What are the progression options?
You will be able to persue higher education opportunities, career paths or apprenticeships in media across a range of sectors. you can also continue your study at Bridgwater & Taunton College with our FdA Media Production at the University Centre Somerset.