Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater campus
Who is the course for?
The course will suit students interested in the study and performance of live theatre. Drama and Theatre Studies allows students to develop their own creative ideas, evaluative skills and directorial analysis alongside the study of published plays.
What does the course involve?
Units of study include:
- Performance Workshop – a devised and scripted performance in response to theatre practitioners.
- Text in Performance - the study of two published plays and a live theatre review.
- Performance on a Set Theme - two linked performances (devised and scripted) on a set theme.
- Text in Context - the study of two published plays and directorial analysis of an unseen text
Minimum of five GCSEs A* to C or 9 to 5 is recommended for A Level study, including Maths and English.
What are the assessment methods?
- Performance projects
- Exploration notes
- Group work
- Theatre analysis
- Written and practical examinations
How long is the course?