Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Campus
- Taunton Campus
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for full-time students who wish to gain a basic understanding of Plumbing and Heating, before entering the industry as an apprentice.
What does the course involve?
The course will focus on a range of basic plumbing theory and practices including:
- Pipe bending and types of jointing
- Basic maintenance on taps and valves
- Rainwater systems and maintenance
- Basin and WC installation and maintenance
- Health and safety
- Environmental awareness
What makes this course special?
- Realistic working environment with excellent up to date facilities
- Course flexible and content adapted to the learners needs
- Possible opportunities to progress on to the Plumbing Level 2 Diploma
- 4 GCSE's D grade and above
- Interest within the plumbing industry
What are the assessment methods?
You will complete a range of basic practical tasks and portfolio.
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Three days per week.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Materials fee/personal protective equipment costs £120.
City & Guilds.