Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those that have already completed the Level 2 Plumbing Diploma and wish to further their studies, focusing on the complex planning and installation of specialised plumbing installations.
What does the course involve?
Learners interested in the Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Plumbing will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
Compulsory topics include:
- Engineering materials
- Planning and overseeing electrical work activities
- Domestic central heating systems planning and design
- Principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Domestic sanitation system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Cold water systems planning and design
- Hot water systems planning and design
- Building services site procedures and planning
What makes this course special?
- Realistic working environment with excellent up to date facilities
- Course flexible and content adapted to the learners needs
- Possible opportunities to progress on to high education programmes
Minimum of 30 hours work experience in the plumbing industry.
Completion of the Level 2 Plumbing Diploma and Level 2 Maths and English (grade C or 5 - 4 and above at GCSE).
What are the assessment methods?
- You will complete a range of formative practical tasks
- Formative knowledge based unit tests
- Final written exam assessment and practical assessments
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Three days per week.
What are the progression options?
Possible progression on to Higher Education construction programmes, or plumbing apprenticeship programmes.
City & Guilds.