Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
This programme is for candidates who want to work within the plumbing industry within the building services engineering sector.
What does the course involve?
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Plumbing system installation planning
- Complex cold water systems
- Domestic hot water
- Sanitation and drainage systems
- Central heating systems
- Domestic gas principles
- Career awareness in building services engineering
What makes this course special?
- A realistic working environment with excellent up to date facilities
- Course flexible and content adapted to the learner's needs
- Possible opportunities to progress on to high education programmes
Completion of the Plumbing Diploma Level 2 6035-02 and Level 2 Maths and English (grade C or 5 - 4 and above at GCSE).
What are the assessment methods?
- You will be assessed throughout the programme by completing a range of multiple-choice exams and 5 written assignments.
- In our practical workshops, you will also complete a range of practical assessments
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Two evenings per week.
What are the progression options?
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will be at an Improver/Plumber’s level. In order to fully qualify as a Plumber at Level 3, you will need to fully meet the performance criteria as laid down in the National Occupational Standards put together by Summit Skills, the Sector Skills Council. This is covered in the City and Guilds 6189 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating.
City & Guilds.