Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for full-time students who wish to gain a basic understanding of plumbing and heating and have already passed the Level 1 programme.
What does the course involve?
The course will focus on a range of basic plumbing theory and practices including:
- Pipe bending and types of jointing
- Basic maintenance on taps and valves
- Rainwater systems and maintenance
- Basin and wc installation and maintenance.
- Health and safety
- Environmental awareness
- Plumbing principles and practical applications
- Basic electrical operations
- Hot and cold water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
What makes this course special?
- Realistic working environment with excellent up to date facilities
- Course flexible and content adapted to the learners needs
- Possible opportunities to progress on to Plumbing Level 3 or the Apprenticeship programme.
You will need to have completed the Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing, have four GCSEs A – C or 9 - 4 grade and an interest within the plumbing industry.
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical tasks and portfolio
- Multiple choice exams
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Three days per week.
What are the progression options?
You could progress on to a Level 3 Apprenticeship.