Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at those wishing to run their own floristry business or be in a supervisory role. It will cover a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge and explore European influences, techniques and new trends within the industry. This qualification could also be used for progression into teaching.
What does the course involve?
- Health & Safety
- Principles of creative design
- Plant & flower care
- Tied Floral designs
- Floral designs in a medium
- Wired floral designs
- Glued floral designs
- Business management & marketing in floristry
- Trend in the floristry industry
- Event floristry
- Modules are taught via; demonstrations, lectures, tutorials, & practical workshop’s.
What makes this course special?
- Highly Experienced Tutors producing consistent High Grades, student support & guidance.
- Bespoke facilities offering a relaxed learning environment.
- Superb on site student accommodation available.
- Landscaped rural campus with excellent student facilities.
- Walled Garden and tropical greenhouses to explore and utilise.
- 3 Day study tour to Holland.
- Industry related field trips.
- Progression routes available within the College following successful completion of this course.
- Practical employability & personal confidence skill building opportunities.
- 80 hours work experience required during the duration of the course
- Students are required to find their own placement (however guidance is available due to strong local/ national industry links within the College).
- A Level 2 Diploma in Floristry at an overall Merit grade or the equivalent previous industry experience
- Five GCSE’s in the A-C or 9-4 range, including English & Maths
- Entry is subject to a successful Interview
- Mature students wishing to change career welcome to apply.
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment
- Written coursework
- Portfolio submission.
How long is the course?
2 days a week on Mondays & Tuesdays at the Cannington Campus. 9.30am -4pm.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials costs estimated up to £700 depending on your chosen supplier (NB: these may be available to order via the College for your convenience especially for those receiving the 24+ Adult Learning Loan).
- Apron and full cover shoes.
- Residential trips from £350(optional not compulsory)
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory).
What are the progression options?
- Further study opportunities include; the Level 4 Higher Diploma and L5 Master Diploma in Floristry.
- Opportunities to upgrade your Literacy & Numeracy skills
- A Diverse range of Short courses in Floristry available at all times.
- Opportunities to study additional A levels & Vocational courses.
- Self -employed running your own business.
- International Demonstrator/Judge
- Function Decorating for large corporate companies.
- Teaching privately or within an educational organisation.
- Specialist Floral designer i.e. Weddings & Corporate design.
City & Guilds.