We have won some very prestigious, nationally recognised awards, including a Queen's Anniversary Prize, Beacon College status, thirteen national Beacon Awards and many others.
Ofsted Outstanding Inspection
Following our most recent inspection, the College achieved five outstanding grade 1s in all five areas of the inspection and was awarded with the formal designation of an "Outstanding" college by Ofsted.
Ofsted Social Care Inspection
Bridgwater College’s Residential Student Accommodation was inspected by Ofsted over a period of three days in March 2015. For the second time, the provision was awarded Outstanding in all categories.
“Residential learners benefit by receiving support from a very committed, dedicated and exceptionally well-trained team.From our latest Ofsted Report
Beacon College Status
Bridgwater College was presented with Beacon College status in 2002 from the Learning and Skills Council, in recognition of our outstanding practice across all areas of the College. Disseminating good practice to other colleges is an important aspect of this award and something we regularly participate in.
Queen’s Anniversary Prize
The Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education are awarded to relatively few universities and colleges in the UK for outstanding quality and innovation at a world class level. We are delighted to be one of those colleges!
- A Beacon Award for Employer Engagement for its training partnership with DHL/Morrisons.
- A Beacon Award for College/School Partnerships in recognition of the excellent working relationships we have with our partner schools.
- A Beacon Award for Inclusive Learning in acknowledgment of the College's commitment to matching each student's learning needs with an tailored programme of study.
- A Beacon Award for Innovation in Improving Quality and Standards for effective quality assurance processes to cover all aspects of provision.
- A Beacon Award for Staff Development for our high quality staff development programmes, leading to committed staff providing the best possible opportunities for learning.
- A Beacon Award for Meeting Employer Needs to the Automotive Centre for providing outstanding vocationally relevant training in Automotive Engineering.
- A Beacon Award for Early Years, along with Early Excellence Centre status awarded by the Government, for high quality childcare provision and on-site Early Years training.
- A Beacon Award for Employer Engagement awarded to the Business Development Unit.
- A Beacon Award for Innovation in Science in recognition of the College's commitment to developing Forensic Science as part of its curriculum.
- A Beacon Award for International Student Support to celebrate the College's good practice and caring approach to all its international students.
- A Beacon Award for Sustainable Community Development in recognition of our provision for carnival training
- A Beacon Award for Functional Skills, celebrating the College’s good practice in this area.
- A Beacon Award for Students with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities for supporting high needs students to develop employability skills and to become independent through work experience, volunteering and personal learning opportunities.
In previous years the College has won a Heist Marketing Award for Best FE Prospectus, a College Marketing Network Award for Best FE Prospectus, a College Marketing Network Award for Best HE Prospectus, a College Marketing Network Award for Collaborative Marketing and a College Marketing Award for Best FE website.
The College was awarded the International Association of Book-Keepers (IAB) Gold Centre award in 2013 for the department’s qualification achievements, high standards and longstanding commitment.
The Training Quality Standard Award (TQS) was achieved in 2009; this is the highest training accolade possible in recognition of work with employers.
Our Information, Advice and Guidance team have achieved the Matrix Standard for Information, Advice and Guidance services.
Bridgwater College is an Investor in People.