Our promise to you
You can expect:
- To have the opportunity to study and achieve on an appropriate range of courses or programmes.
- To progress to further or higher education, training or employment as a result of your education or training.
- To be listened to, and to have a say in how your experience is as good as possible.
- To have personal information kept confidential, within data protection and Freedom of Information guidelines.
- Your studies to be planned and managed effectively to provide enjoyable and coherent learning.
- Equality of opportunity between people of different groups irrespective of, for example, gender, faith, ethnicity, sexuality, disability, or socio-economic status.
- To have the opportunity of broadening your experience through a variety of enriching activities.
- To have individual needs and aspirations, community and employer needs taken into account.
- Off-site learning and resources to be effectively integrated to give a coherent programme of learning.
- To have any comments or complaints taken seriously and responded to appropriately.
Guidance and support while you are a learner
You can expect:
- Impartial advice and guidance to enable you to identify the course or programme which is right for you.
- Individual learning needs to be accurately diagnosed and to receive effective and appropriate support throughout your studies or training.
- Induction programmes to enable you to settle into work quickly, to understand your rights and responsibilities and the demands of the course or programme.
- Access to information about how you are getting on and opportunities to discuss this with staff.
- Health, safety and well-being to be assured.
- Procedures to be in place for recognising poor punctuality, poor attendance and poor performance early and for taking appropriate action.
- Support in literacy, numeracy, and English for speakers of other languages if required.
- Careers education and guidance to be effective in guiding you towards opportunities available after completion studies or training.
How to make a complaint
If you feel that we have not met the standards you expect, and you wish to make a complaint, please see our Complaints page which details the process and provides ways to offer feedback.
Responsible for inspecting Further Education
0300 123 4666
YPLA fund 16-18 Further Education
0800 121 8989
SFA fund 19+ Further Education and Skills
0845 377 5000
0118 959 9813