The College has a number of facilities, social events and activities available for staff. The health and wellbeing of staff is important to the continued success of the College.
As well providing a challenging and rewarding working environment, the College supports staff with a wide range of opportunities and services such as:
- Sports and recreation activities including aerobics, fitness training, sports matches and use of the College's excellent artifical turf pitch and golf course.
- Staff dining/common room, and open access to computer suites until 9pm daily.
- Library access and access to practical services such a motor vehicle repairs or servicing, and beauty and hairdressing salons.
- An excellent Childcare Centre (71 places), which has been adwarded National Centre of Excellence status by the Government.
- Social events and charitable activites, organised by the College's charity committee and which raises significant funds for local charities.
- Participation in music and performing arts events and the College choir.
- RAG Day, when College staff join with students to raise and give money to chosen charities. Staff wear fancy dress and participate in charity football matches and other fundraising contests.
If you are moving to the Bridgwater area from elsewhere in the country to take up a post you will find it offers a wide range of facilities, including sports centres, swimming pools, cinemas, nightclubs, art centres and shopping centres.
Bridgwater itself has a population of about 36,000 and is a thriving market town within the rural county of Somerset. It is most famous for its carnival, held every November, which regularly attracts more than 130,000 visitors. It also provides an attractive location for businesses, with two motorway junctions within three miles of the town centre, and this is reflected in the growing number of industrial parks around the town. You can visit the town website on: www.bridgwater.net
Sedgemoor, the district of which Bridgwater is the main town, is renowned for its wealth of attractive scenery. The county of Somerset also has much to offer and you can visit the Somerset tourism website on: www.visitsomerset.co.uk