Performing Arts Scholarships
Talented and pro-active young people who excel in an area of the performing arts, particularly those who wish to further their skills or apply to high ranking universities, conservatoires or drama schools and wish to join a Performing Arts Academy may wish to seek a Bridgwater College Performing Arts Scholarship.
What does the Scholarship offer?
- Up to £200 on enrolment at College to help you with costs related to your study and ambition – for example additional books or resources, or costs of visits to Universities
- Specialist audition and interview support to help you prepare for Higher Education
- All costs associated with the Performing Arts Academy you join will be paid
- A Performing Arts mentor who will help you in developing your skills and preparing for auditions
What are the entry requirements?
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs in the A* – C range including English and Maths
- Two years or more of involvement in performing arts activities outside school/college
- Successful completion of the Bridgwater College Scholarship Application process
- Ambition, enthusiasm, talent and a capacity for hard work
What is the application process?
You will be asked to fill in a short application form (in addition to your main application to the College), and complete an audition.
If you are shortlisted on the basis of your audition, you will be interviewed by the Scholarships Admission Panel.
If you are unsuccessful in gaining a Scholarship, this will not affect your main application to the College.
Are the financial grants linked to household income?
The Scholarships are awarded on merit. However, other bursaries are available for students from households with low income, which can be claimed in addition to any awards under the Scholarship scheme described above. Contact Student Support for details.
Terms and Conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply; these will be agreed upon offer.Apply