High achieving young people wanting to progress to high ranking universities, conservatoires or medical schools may wish to seek a Bridgwater College Academic Scholarship.
What does the Scholarship offer?
- Automatic enrolment in the College’s Honours Programme, which provides specialist tutorial support for high achieving students
- Specialist additional teaching and support depending on your intended destination
- £1000 towards your first year fees at any of the following:
- Cambridge or Oxford University
- Any Russell Group university (visit www.russellgroup.ac.uk for the list)
- A music conservatoire in the UK (see www.cukas.ac.uk)
- A medical school in the UK
- Other leading institutions, perhaps specialising in your field of study, at the discretion of the Scholarships Admissions Panel (see below)
What are the entry requirements?
- A minimum of 8 A*- C GCSEs including English and Maths, with at least 5 A*s.
- Successful completion of the Bridgwater College Scholarship Application process
- Ambition, enthusiasm, talent and a capacity for hard work
What is the application process?
You will be asked to fill in a short additional application form (in addition to your main application to the College), and submit a written task.
If you are shortlisted on the basis of your written task, you will be interviewed by the Scholarships Admission Panel.
If you are unsuccessful in gaining a Scholarship, this will not affect your main application to the College.
Are the financial grants linked to household income?
The Scholarships are awarded on Merit. However, other bursaries are available for students from households with low income, which can be claimed in addition to any awards under the Scholarship scheme described above. Contact Student Support for details.
Terms and Conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply; these will be agreed upon offer.Apply