Bridgwater & Taunton College Team BTC Performance Academy
The Team BTC Sport Performance Programme provides students with the opportunity to access professional, high quality sports coaching alongside studying at an outstanding FE institution.
At Team BTC we recognise the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach to sports performance, and students who are part of the Team BTC Sport Performance Programme have access to Strength & Conditioning programmes, Sports Massage, Performance Analysis and guest talks from experts in Sports Psychology. Team BTC Sports Performance students can study a variety of academic programmes, and for some sports receive over twelve hours a week of coaching.
Additional Team BTC Benefits
- High class coaching from fully qualified coaches
- Free membership to our Health & Fitness Suite
- Bespoke Team BTC kit
- Free sports massage
- Free sports Psychology workshops
- Regular fitness testing and Free Strength and Conditioning sessions
- Links to professional and semi-professional sports clubs
- Opportunities to trial for representative teams
- Be under 21 on 31 August of year of study (for Women’s Football, Netball, Men & Women’s Hockey and Trampolining)
- Be under 19 on 31 August of year of study (for Men’s Football, Men’s Rugby and Men’s Basketball)
- Be studying at Bridgwater & Taunton College
- Have a dedicated and professional attitude
- Display a keen willingness to learn and improve
Jason Gunningham, Assistant Principal
- Physical Education with Business Studies
- UEFA Licenced Coach
- FA Diploma in Management and Treatment of Injuries
- ECFA National Performance Manager for U17 and U19 Men's and U19 Women's squads (2008 – 2014)
- Head Coach for Somerset FA U18 Men’s squad (2012 – present)
- Head Coach for Somerset Schools and Colleges U18's Men's squad (1994 – present)
- Co-ordinated and coached ECFA national teams in Spain, Italy and Estonia in international fixtures and tournament competitions (2008 – 2014)
- Worked with the national U16 teams of Belgium and Australia via ESFA national team (2008 – 2014)
- ECFA National Committee member
Entry to Team BTC Performance is subject to selection. To apply, or register your interest, please let us know at your course interview. If you have applied for the Sports Scholarship you do not need to complete an additional application form at interview.
Team BTC Performance Support Staff
- Master’s Degree in Performance Analysis
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- FAW Football Coaching C Certificate
- Former U20 Welsh International Athletics (Hammer and Discus)
- Former Welsh Schools Athletics Captain
- Performance Analyst for Cardiff Metropolitan University Pole Vault Squad (2009 – 2010)
- FdSc in Sports and Exercise Rehabilitation
- YMCA L3 in Personal Training and Instruction
- YMCA L3 in Sports Conditioning
- 10+ years of experience in rehabilitation of GP referral clients and elite sportsmen
- Regular attendance at UKSCA workshops
- Director and Trustee of Unique Fitness, North Petherton
In order to continue to attract the most gifted and talented sportsmen and women to Bridgwater & Taunton College, we have recently introduced the Sports Scholarship Programme. The scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated their ability to perform at a high level within sport. Scholarships are awarded on a case by case basis with each application reviewed by an independent internal panel.
Team BTC Internship
The Team BTC Internship programme provides support for Team BTC Performance students across a number of disciplines, including Sports coaching, Sports Massage, Strength & Conditioning and Performance Analysis. This multi-disciplinary approach to sports performance creates a specialist and developmental environment, allowing our student athletes to fulfil their potential.
Team BTC Internships are open to students studying University level courses at Bridgwater & Taunton College as well as graduates from other institutions. The internship offers bespoke working opportunities alongside experienced staff and enables those key skills sets required to work within the sport and active leisure sector to be developed and enhance future career pathways and employment.