Bridgwater & Taunton College Honours Academy Academy
The Honours Academy for high achieving students, will help you progress on to leading universities and employment by offering additional tuition and skills development.
If you are a high achieving academic or vocational student the Honours Academy is for you! The Academy will help challenge and stretch you to progress to leading universities and sought after employment by offering additional tuition and skills development.
Entry is based on your GCSE grades (minimum of 4 A*s is required), competency level in your vocational course and application form, which you can find a link to below. Please note that you do not need to complete an application form if you have applied for the Academic Scholarship.
The Honours Academy will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Prepare for progression to top universities and employers
- Extend your learning both within and outside your area of study
- Develop leadership skills
- Increase your confidence and your public speaking, social and presentation skills
- Take part in master classes from visiting experts including, STEP maths support, which form part of the application to some of the top universities and former College students who have progressed on to top universities
- Take part in trips, visits and residentials such as Oxbridge summer schools
Fiorella Topazio, Honours Academy Manager
“It is my job to ensure high achieving academic and vocational students reach their learning potential. The Honours Academy complements your chosen course of study and provides you with the stretch and challenge you need to progress on to leading universities and top employers by offering additional tuition and skills development. As a member of the Honours Academy you will have the opportunity to extend your knowledge both within and outside your area of study, work closely with like-minded students to develop your communication and leadership skills and gain specialised support preparing you for progression into higher education or employment. You will be given the opportunity to take part in ‘master classes’ from visiting experts and take part in trips and a residential event. Participating and graduating from the Honours Academy provides you with valuable experience which will make your university applications stand out. If you are a high achieving student with a passion for learning you could be an ideal candidate for the Honours Academy and I would encourage you to apply via the College website. I look forward to meeting you in September!”